Since 2013, the Inuit Art Foundation has ramped up its visibility and outreach after nearly closing. Now, the Quarterly has become a staple periodical in the Inuit art world. It is firmly established as the sole publication dedicated to the art and artists from across Inuit Nunangat, with readers based across the world.
The seven nominations include:
- Best Magazine: Art, Literary and Culture
- Best Short Feature Writing for Krista Ulujuk Zawadski’s piece Threading Memories (33.1)
- Editor Grand Prix: Britt Gallpen
- Publisher Grand Prix: Alysa Procida
- Three nominatiosn for best Editorial Package for three different issues: Painting (33.4), Relations (33.3), and Threads (33.1)
The awards jury praised the magazine for its success during the COVID-19 pandemic, continuing to bring the best of Inuit art writing to readers throughout the difficult past year. “A beautiful and challenging magazine about beautiful and challenging art, and a powerhouse fundraiser to boot,” said the NMA jury about Procida’s nomination. “No small feat in a pandemic year.”
Award winners will be announced June 11. Best of luck to our friends at the IAQ!